- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Examine the relationship between the music industry and the radio in the promotion of music. The radio and music industry work symbiotically
The first 200 words of this essay...
Examine the relationship between the music industry and the radio in the promotion of music.
The radio and music industry work symbiotically with each other, meaning that they depend on each other to help them grow, and be successful. The radio helps to influence music sales. Before the 1980's radio was the most important broadcast medium for determining the form and content of popular music. The radio compiles play lists which combine the favourite tracks of all the different DJs and producers to provide a varied mix of music and introduces exciting new artists along side those more established. They make deals with the record companies on how many times their song will be played within a certain length of time, in order to ensure maximum airplay. Radio 1's daytime programme is generally built around play list records, because they try to 'bring the best new music to the widest possible audience'.
Unfortunately the songs that reach the play lists are decided upon by the Head of Music, so it is difficult for up and coming artists to really get enough airtime. The audience can only listen to what music is chosen, so the radio acts as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- My Father's Song Vs. The Odyssey.
- Discuss the narrative techniques used by Hitchcock to set th...
- Media Coursework essay: Jaws
- An Analysis of the Influence of Music and it's Contrasting M...
- Internet digital piracy in the music industry.
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- How successful have your chosen texts been for their industr...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.