- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
I will be looking at situation comedy and in particular the American sitcom Friends. I will be looking at the success of the show in particular the shows success in Britain and why is it so successful in Britain even though it is from America.
The first 200 words of this essay...
CC3703: Comedy: theory, text and audience. U0207014.
In this essay I will be looking at situation comedy and in particular the American sitcom Friends. I will be looking at the success of the show in particular the shows success in Britain and why is it so successful in Britain even though it is from America.
First of all I will be looking at the show itself describe it in detail to see what the show is about and how it works and then I will analyse the show in more detail and relate them o the various theories we have learnt.
Friends made its debut in 1994 as a sitcom about six 20-somethings living in New York's West Village district and it immediately struck a chord with many of its audience and soon became an international brand.
Friends and its cast caught on with viewers looking for an escape from the fast-paced 1990s. It made household names of David Schwimmer (Ross), Jennifer Aniston (Rachel), Matthew Perry (Chandler), Courtney Cox Arquette (Monica), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) and Matt LeBlanc (Joey.)
The series focuses on the friendship of three men and three women who
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Television (view all)
- Television - A Blessing or a Curse?
- Describe the impact of television in the 1950s and early 196...
- Delia Smith and Jamie Oliver are both extremely influential ...
- Although Soap Operas use the same codes and conventions, Hol...
- Types of documentary
- Discuss "Quality Television" - Lost and Sex and Th...
- Explore the male representations explored over several media...
- The Effect of Censorship on the Media in Pakistan.
- In this essay I will discuss three events: 9/11, the riots i...
- Critical analysis of "Shameless".
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.