- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Narratives are constructed in many different ways. What method or media devices do the directors of,
The first 200 words of this essay...
Narratives are constructed in many different ways. What method or media devices do the directors of, "Bend It like Beckham" & "Billy Elliot" uses to construct their narratives?
Narratives are constructed in many different ways; narrative editing, narrative music, cinematography and mis en scene. This assignment will take you through media devises and method used by the directors of "Bend it like Beckham" and "Billy Elliot" use to construct their narratives. The plots of both films are based on stereotypes and how the main characters are challenging them in each film. This leads to many similarities and differences.
"Bend it like Beckham" is set in west London areas; Southall, Hounslow, Twickenham and Ealing, also a section is in Germany. This is about A Indian girl that is growing up in a strict Indian family and that is preventing her from following her dreams to be a female footballer. Jess, gets forbidden to play football because her parents believe that it is a "mans" sport and "not Indian like." As Jess has been playing since a child with boys and her best mate Tony she finds this extremely hard! One day when she was playing in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- "Where is the love?"- Black Eyed Peas
- 'Beneath Clouds' by Ivan Sen
- Rock salt Experiment.
- The subject of this dissertation is how feminist beliefs hav...
- 'The Soundtrack to my life'
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- How successful have your chosen texts been for their industr...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.