- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Psycho - Shower scene study.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Shower scene study
This scene starts with Marion Crane, wearing a glossy robe. She is seated at the desk in her hotel room with pencil, paper and a bankbook. She is calculating the amount of stolen money she spent and must replace. She tears up the sheet of paper and is about to toss it into the wastebasket, but thinks better of it and takes it to the bathroom where she flushes it down the toilet. (I think this symbolises that she thinks she can just flush away her worries like she flushes away the piece of paper) She then closes the door, removes her robe, and steps into the bathtub. She draws the shower curtain closed and unwraps a bar of soap.
She turns on the shower. You can see the joy in Crane's eyes as the water runs through her hair and down her body, this symbolises Crane is washing all her guilt away. The guilt is both from the money she stole and her affair with Sam, her lover.
As she is showering, through the translucent shower curtain we see the door open. This starts the build up of suspense. A
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- "Where is the love?"- Black Eyed Peas
- 'Beneath Clouds' by Ivan Sen
- Youth Sub-Cultures, Popular Music and Social Change
- "It is through what we wear that we all establish our i...
- Rock salt Experiment.
- A comparative study of how women are represented in popular ...
- Business Analysis of Ninja Records
- Music Video Analysis - I have chosen to analyse the video fo...
- Michael Jackson Case Study
- Representation of artists Jusice & SBTRKT within electro...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.