- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Aerobic power/cardio-vascular endurance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aerobic power/cardio-vascular endurance
I have chosen very high for this requirement of sport because although the football pitch itself is not very long the game will often go from end to end and the mid fielders will have to follow the game up and down the pitch for as much as 120 minutes if the game goes into extra time.
On average a midfield player will run 9-13 kilometres a match which obviously requires a lot of endurance if the player wishes to keep a good pace of play throughout the game; yet not all of this is jogging, some is spent sprinting and some is spent walking. This is a pie chart that shows on average what percentage of that 9-13 kilometres is spent doing:
So if we say a midfield player had run 10 kilometres in a game on average 4.6 kilometres of that would be jogging, 1.7 kilo metres of high speed running and 0.3 kilometres of sprinting. Although the have resting periods where they walking, after sprinting or running and high speeds
Footballers require high anaerobic power and speed because although
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anatomy & Physiology (view all)
- Sport Science - Sports Injuries Task 3
- stress management
- Physiology Within Sport
- Discuss the short term and long-term effects of exercise on ...
- Describe the components of a balanced diet.
- Anatomy For BTEC Sport - bones and muscles.
- Arousal Theories. Arousal is defined as a perception of ant...
- Anatomy and physiology for sport and exercise
- Muscles in the Human Body
- Describing the Muscular System. Specific Exercises for each...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.