- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Account for the growth of post material values in western Europe and asses the consequences of their development.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Account for the growth of post material values in western Europe and asses the consequences of their development
Post-material values have been a prominent characteristic of the West European political climate for a period stretching beyond the previous decade. The cultural ascendancy of post-materialism has been evident more so in Western Europe than anywhere else and its impact more profound in some European countries, for e.g. Germany than lets say Britain.
Several arguments and theories have been developed to explain why this may be. One basic point to look at is the concept of political socialization which breeds value change. In this case the values of the current generation who have helped carry the post materialistic values to the forefront of politics. Values denote a partiality for certain persona and social goals and also some kind of a method to achieve them. Therefore any change in the value system of people will be contagion on the way our society perceives and reacts to particular events.
By political socialization we mean the process by which people learn political values; as in this case post materialistic values. Different social background are at the heart of varying political values.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Political Philosophy (view all)
- Why did Stalin make the "Great Turn"?
- Define the difference between negative and positive freedom,...
- What is liberal about John Rawls Theory of Justice? How may ...
- Realism, idealism and neoliberalism
- Power and Politics in Organizations: Public and Private Sect...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student