- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Israel and Iran
The first 200 words of this essay...
Evaluate the impact of the state religion on government and law in any two countries
In this essay I will be evaluating the impact of the state religion on government and law in Israel and Iran. Israel provides an interesting study of the interplay of religion and politics because it is a state that was created as a homeland for a specific religious group, and, on the other hand, Iran has also been greatly affected by its state religion in the more political area. I shall evaluate first, the state religion's impact on government and law in Israel, and then move onto the state religion's impact on government and law in Iran, and then finally draw up a conclusion.
Israel's government is obviously influenced by its religion because the state was created a group as a result of Zionism and its various movements. It has to a notable extent, affected the government. In 1948 the different Zionist groups reached a compromise as to the nature of the Israeli state. The existing political status quo would be maintained after Israeli independence through the implementation of a system of proportional representation in the Knesset (Israeli Parliament).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Middle east (view all)
- " One person's freedom fighter is another person's terr...
- What are the main differences between the beliefs of Palesti...
- History Coursework: The Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Poverty and Inequality causes terrorism - Discuss.
- MP Feedback Sheets
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.