- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Define the following - psychology, cognition, motion, self and moral development.
- Essay length: 4285 words
- Submitted: 13/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
RSY 2102 PSYCHOLOGY
DEFINE THE FOLLOWING;*******PSYCHOLOGY, COGNITION,*****MOTION,****SELF, AND MORAL DEVELOPMENT****
Psychology in my view is a relatively new 'science' where scientists (social scientist) study humans and animals behaviour, metal processes, and adaptation under specific environmental stressors. They study these reactions and behaviours so that a guide about, how people and animals, mental, physical and other aspects, reacts and adapt to the environment and how these help or hinder interactions between them. (
That means they try to label behaviours and classify them to understand, predict, or reinforce or create similar behaviour. (
From Sternberg (2001)``we learn that there are 4 main goals of psychology.
Firstly, this science has a describing goal, where they tried to explain why such human behaviour occurs and describe what is happening. This is done through intensive observation either in laboratory conditions or in field research.
The second goal is answering how people and other organization react feel, think invasions situations.
The third goal is to predict behaviour, and say that under similar circumstances people animals may act likeness.
The fourth and last goal is control, where they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the effects of parenting style on children's develop...
- Describe processes for initiating, maintaining, developing a...
- Describe Five Different Types of Families
- Explain the principal psychological perspectives as applied ...
- Nature VS nurture - Issues, perspectives and debates in psyc...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.