- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How can Piaget's and Vygotsky's theories be applied to the classroom?
The first 200 words of this essay...
HOW CAN PIAGET'S AND VYGOTSKY'S THEORIES BE APPLIED TO THE CLASSROOM?
Both Piaget's and Vygotsky's theory about the way children learn can be a very useful aid to parents and teachers. Both studies help parents and teachers understand how children learn best and therefore help them to help the children be more successful in their learning.
Piaget's theory can be applied to when and how a child should be taught. Piaget's theory is very student centred and the role of the teacher is as the facilitator, this basically means that the teacher should not 'spoon feed' the pupil the information but help them by assessing the level they are at and then setting suitable tasks for example giving children small tests to see how they have progressed and then set tasks to address any problems that the pupil may be having. Another application of Piagets the theory is that tasks should be set that are challenging enough to cause disequilibrium and therefore the child will have to accommodate and create new schemas to deal with the problem, an example for the use of this could be giving increasingly challenging maths algebra equations for
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Developmental Psychology (view all)
- Outline and evaluate research into the effects of deprivatio...
- Compare biological and psychological explanations of gender ...
- Piaget's and Freud's Child development theories
- What have been the major challenges to Piaget's theory of co...
- How does the media influence young people in today’...
- Outline and evaluate research into cross-cultural variations...
- Outline one cross-cultural study into the development of per...
- Psychology Controversy essay, Nature Vs Nurture PY4
- Self Concept - With Positive and Negative Examples
- Outline & Evaluate Research Into Attachment
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.