- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigation of a light dependant resistor.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigation of a light dependant resistor
Light dependant resistors or LDRs are resistors which alter their resistivity according to a particular light level. I am going to find out how these work and use them in a context so I can use them to locate a light source. To do this I must firstly find out how light effects the LDRs and then use this data to try and create something in order to detect a light source and locate it.
Distance light is away from LDR
Voltage reading (supply-12v)
As you can see from these results as the light intensity increases, the resistance decreases. I need to find the range of light levels the LDR can detect and distinguish how sensitive it actually is. The maximum resistance it is possible to get from the LDR is 550k?. This is when there is maximum light shining on the LDR. The minimum resistance that is possible is 0.90k?. This is when the LDR is submitted
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electrical & Thermal Physics (view all)
- Relationship between the current and voltage.
- eletrical dc motors
- Internal resistance investigation - I will conduct the follo...
- In this experiment, we will measure the e.m.f. and the inter...
- Investigating the factors affecting the size of current flow...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.