- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Life style Diseases - Diabetes
The first 200 words of this essay...
Life style Diseases-Diabetes Type 2
1.Diabetes is considered a life style disease because it is not something you were born with it is something you bring upon yourself, stress, don't enough exercise, eating too much of the wrong foods, pregnancy or family history cause this particular disease.
2. Type 2 diabetes, or non-insulin-dependent diabetes, is the most common form of diabetes. It effects the respiratory system In Type 2 diabetes, either the body does not produce enough insulin or the cells neglect the insulin. Insulin is needed for the body to be able to use sugar. Sugar is the primary fuel for the cells in the body, and the insulin takes the sugar from the blood and into the cells. When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it can cause two problems. One, right way your body cells could be starved for energy or over an amount of time, your sugars levels may harm your eyes, kidneys, nerves or even your hear .
There are nearly one million Australians over the age of 25 with diabetes - approximately 7.5% of the Australian population. Although generally people who are over age 45
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exchange, Transport & Reproduction (view all)
- Affect Of Varying Salt Concentration on Red Blood Cell Haemo...
- The Role of Carbohydrates in Living Organisms
- The comparison of antibacterial properties of herbal product...
- Biology coursework planning - the effect of lead chloride on...
- The Importance and Biological Functions of Carbohydrates.
- Transpiration in Leaves Experiment
- The Process of Osmosis and its Importance to Living Organism...
- Hypothesis: To investigate the effect of different concentra...
- Excretion and the functioning of the kidneys
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.