- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Physics-energy production in Hong Kong and potential new ways of generating power.
- Essay length: 1174 words
- Submitted: 12/12/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Major sources of energy in Hong Kong
In Hong Kong, electricity supplied to the household and the industry comes from six production plants. The Castle Peak Power Station, located in Tap Shek Kok
in Tuen Mun, has the greatest generating capacity in Hong Kong, up to 4110 MW. The Lamma Power Station is in Lamma, as its name suggests, comes second, having a generating capacity of 3305 MW. The Black Point Power Station in Northeast New Territories is in the third place, giving out 2500 MW of power. The Penny Bay's Power Station in Sham Shui Kok on Lantau Island produces the least generating capacity, at 300 MW only. The remaining two plants are not located in Hong Kong, but in mainland China.
As the four plants aforementioned are not enough to satisfy the ever-increasing energy demand of Hong Kong, one of the two companies which provide us with electricity, the CLP Holdings (the other being Hong Kong Electric Co. Ltd), obtains energy from those two external power plants in China, the first being the Guangzhou Pumped Storage Power Station in Conghua, accounting for 1200 MW of our power, while the last
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Modern Physics (view all)
- Quantum Phenomena Observed During Near Absolute Zero Conditi...
- Geophysics case study - I will explore techniques used by pe...
- Trigonometry questions and answers.
- A2 OCR B (Advancing Physics) - Research and Report: Nuclear ...
- Albert Einstein - The father of modern physics
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.