- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Examine the relationship between crimes against the environment and the progress of globalisation (21marks)
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Sociology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Examine the relationship between crimes against the environment and the progress of globalisation (21marks)
Globalisation is the widening, deepening and speeding up of worldwide interconnectedness in all aspects of life, from the cultural to the criminal, the financial to the spiritual. Globalisation has many causes, such as the spread of new information and communication technologies, the influence of global mass media, cheap air travel, and easier movement so that business can easily relocate to countries where profits will be greater.
Manuel Castells (1998) argues there is now a global criminal economy worth over Â£1 trillion per year, this takes a number informs. These include arms trafficking, trafficking in nuclear materials, smuggling of illegal immigrants, trafficking in women and children, sex tourism, trafficking in body parts, cyber-crimes, green crimes international terrorism, smuggling of legal goods, trafficking in cultural artefacts, trafficking in endangered species, the dugs trade and money laundering. The global economy could not function without a supply side that provides the source of the drugs, sex workers and other goods.
Taylor links global crime to the way the capitalist system has developed. Two important features have been the rise of transnational corporations which are companies that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Crime & Deviance (view all)
- Assess the Usefulness of Official Crime Statistics to a Soci...
- Sociological Theories on Crime and Deviance
- Asses the arguments and evidence which suggest women commit ...
- Evaluate the Functionalist explanations of Deviance.
- The chivalry thesis claims that women will be treated more l...
- Outline some of the reasons why different pupil subcultures ...
- Analyse explanations of crime and deviance and explain the i...
- Assess the view that cults and sects are fringe organisation...
- The purpose of this report is to evaluate and reflect upon m...
- Is there a single definitive policing model appropriate to p...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.