- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The New Ethic Mob by William Kleinknecht
The first 200 words of this essay...
The New Ethnic Mob
By: Eric M. Breindel
The New Ethic Mob by William Kleinknecht explores how the current criminals involved in organized crime are no longer just the Italians. He could be Cuban, Chinese, Russian, African-American, Haitian, or Jamaican. These are the new breed of more sophisticated and more brutal organized criminals. In the preface of the book Kleinknecht states not to mistake this work for a case against immigration in the United States. The author does a great job giving background information on how organized crime emerged in the early part of the nineteenth century. Then became much stronger though prohibition with Italian, Irish, and Jewish groups controlling this period. However, Kleinknecht's main focus is the new adeptness of the ethnic organized criminal. After calling and emailing William Kleinknecht many times with no response I am sorry to say that I have no background information on his current interests. I however did find out that he is a crime reporter for the Newark Star Ledger in New Jersey, and The New Ethnic Mob is Bill's first published book.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Crime & Deviance (view all)
- Assess the Usefulness of Official Crime Statistics to a Soci...
- The chivalry thesis claims that women will be treated more l...
- Outline & evaluate sociological explanations of the rela...
- Sociological Theories on Crime and Deviance
- ‘Discuss the use of alternative strategies of crime...
- Analyse explanations of crime and deviance and explain the i...
- Assess the view that cults and sects are fringe organisation...
- The purpose of this report is to evaluate and reflect upon m...
- Is there a single definitive policing model appropriate to p...
- Are our streets safer now? Crime rates in Scotland.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.