- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Ann Hopkins Case Analysis
- Essay length: 3641 words
- Submitted: 01/08/2007
The first 200 words of this essay...
Legal and Ethical Analysis of Ann Hopkins
LEGAL CASE ANALYSIS
Ann Hopkins was nominated for partnership at Price Waterhouse (PW) in August 1982 (1). She was a senior manager in the firm's Office of Government Services (OGS) in Washington, D.C., where she specialized in large-scale, computer-based systems designed for government agencies (2). Her 1982 nomination class included 88 total candidates with Ann Hopkins as the only women in the group (3). PW offered partnerships to 47 of them, rejected 21 and placed 20, including Ann Hopkins, on hold (4).
While her partnership was put on hold, Ann Hopkins met with PW's chairman to discuss the decision and the admissions committee's recommendations. PW had suggested that she be given more work with partners and undertakes a quality control review in order to demonstrate her skills and allay concerns about her (5). In 1983, two of the partners which originally supported her nomination opposed her re-nomination and soon after Ann Hopkins was told that she would never become partner at PW (6).
Ann Hopkins was born December 18, 1943 and graduated high school in 1961. She received
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Business, Companies and Organisation, Activity (view all)
- NVQ level 2 unit 2 Business Administration. Worksheet on Pri...
- What do recent attempts to adopt 'partnership' approaches an...
- functional areas in oxfam and sainsburys
- Business Studies
- Analyse the relationship between job roles, functions and an...
- For this task I will be analysing the differences between St...
- Analyse how businesses are organised
- Government as a Stakeholder in Manchester Airport.
- Analysis of the Major Sectors of Employment in Gloucestershi...
- Evaluate the issues that need to be considered when starting...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.