- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare and contrast Charge of The Light Brigade(TM) and Dulce et Decorum Est(TM)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and contrast 'Charge of The Light Brigade' and 'Dulce et Decorum Est'
In this essay, I shall be comparing two poems namely 'Charge of The Light Brigade' by Alfred, Lord Tennyson and 'Dulce et decorum est.' by Wilfred Owen. Wilfred Owen was actually a soldier in the war, whereas Alfred, Lord Tennyson had no experience of the battle itself and only wrote the poem based upon the second hand evidence that he either read or heard.
'Charge of The Light Brigade' delivers a strong message base on the theme of the war. The poem gives the impression that war is a glorious and noble act and consists of phrases such as 'When can their glory fade?', 'Honour the charge they made!' and 'The Noble Six Hundred'. This shows that in Alfred Lord Tennyson's opinion it is noble and glorious act to fight and die for one's country.
Alternatively, Wilfred Owens's poem has a far more negative outlook on war. Contrary to Tennyson's noble and proud view of war Owen believes that dying in a war s a horrible, bitter death especially when such an end is as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing poems (view all)
- Compare and Contrast parent-child relationships in Follower,...
- Compare how the past reveals feelings about a place in Nothi...
- comparing poets, benjamin zephaniah and WB Yeats
- Culture Shock
- Compare Two Robert Frost Poems, The Road Not Taken & Sto...
- Essay Plan. Compare how Two Scavengers In A Truck, Two Beaut...
- Compare the ways people are presented in Vultures with the w...
- Compare how imagery is used to present feelings and ideas in...
- How are people presented in "Two scavengers" and &...
- Half Caste by Agard and Search for my tongue by Bhatt use no...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.