- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
compare extracts from roll of thunder hear my cry and jane eyre
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analyse and Compare the Events and Use of Language in Extracts from 'Jane Eyre' and 'Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry'
In this essay I am going to analyse and compare the events and use of language in extracts from 'Jane Eyre' written by Charlotte Bronte and 'Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry' written by Mildred D. Taylor.
In the extracts from 'Jane Eyre' there is a white girl of the age 10 who is getting threatened by John Reed, a boy four years older than her. T Jane gets bullied for other reasons as well as her status. She has no parents or money, as John Reed says "you have no money, your father left you none; you ought to beg, and not live here with gentlemen's children like us."
She is therefore 'dependant' upon her aunt, in terms of being looked after and having her aunt paying for her needs.
In 'Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry' there is a black girl of the age 10 who is being racially abused by Lillian Jean, a girl four years older than her. The reason for Cassie getting abused is because she is a black
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charlotte Bronte (view all)
- Compare chapter 7 from 'Jane Eyre' with the extract from cha...
- Jane Eyre: A Cinderella Story The Novel Jane Eyr...
- Both 'The Eyre Affair' by Jasper Fforde and 'Jane Eyre' by C...
- What symbols and themes are represented in The Yellow Wallpa...
- Jane Eyre Coursework - How do Jane's experiences at Lowood c...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.