- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Comparing the writings of Trevor and Dickens.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dickens used language as a technique to present his characters. Firstly Miss Havisham's clothes had lost its colour, 'once white now yellow'. For so long she had not taken of her wedding dress, and it had aged with her. Miss Havisham had suffered so much pain mentally, that it had begun to show through her face, 'sunken eyes', it is though all the bad memories were still in her eyes. The character had worn the bridal dress for so long that it had started to look like 'grave clothes', this illustrates that miss Havisham lost touch with the world and felt neglected. Miss Havisham was in a dull atmosphere, 'no brightness left' this also suggests the surroundings showed her inner somber feelings.
Through narrative structure Trevor was able to create and describe his characters. Trevor used a certain type of format when describing. Firstly he begun with the characters name and a short description, 'Teresa Atty and was now Teresa Cornish, had a round pretty face and black, pretty hair'. He then followed on with their personal details, 'and was a month and a half pregnant'. Trevor finally ended with the relationship between characters, 'she stood in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
David Copperfield (view all)
- David Copperfield - Mr. Murdstone plays an important role as...
- Summarising The Characterisation Of Dora Greenfield In The F...
- Choose an important passage or event from the first 14 chapt...
- Two Identical Generations in the book 'The House of the Spir...
- The Way Education is presented in the Novel David Copperfiel...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.