- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Alexander The great
The first 200 words of this essay...
Cyril Ekierman S3Fra
Alexander the Great was the Greek king of Macedon from 356 BC to 323 BC. He was a very good warrior and was known to be one of the best military commanders in history. When he died, he had conquered nearly all the world known by the Greeks.
1°) Alexander's early life
Alexander the Great or Alexander III of Macedon was born on the 20 of July 356 BC in Pella, the capital of Macedon. His father was the king Philip II of Macedon and his mother was Olympias of Epirus, Philip's fourth wife. According to the legend, one of Philip's ancestor was Heracles and one of Olympias ancestor was the son of Zeus and a nymph. A very famous legend says that Philip wasn't Alexander Father, it was Zeus: Philip was scared of sleeping with Olympias because she liked sleeping with snakes in her bed! Alexander used this legend lots of times in politics, calling himself a son of Zeus.
In his early years, Alexander was raised by his nanny: Lanike. Later, Alexander was educated by a strict teacher: Leonidas, a friend of his mother. But it was Aristotle, who
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- SLAVE TRADE PROJECT
- The Emergence of Universal Medicare
- Why whitechapel murders attracted attention.
- Which country contributed the most to Napoleon's downfall?
- Portchester Castle Q2
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student