- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Hta 211/311 Europe At War
The first 200 words of this essay...
EUROPE AT WAR
Assessment task 2
During the 1940's, Europe was a continent that was plagued by mass devastation. Conflict between countries was rife, most notably was the conflict between Germany and many other European countries. Germany set out to strike back against the reparations and war guilt that was forced upon them at the treaty of Versailles after World War one. However, the most notable violence that was occurring during these years was not the waged war against other countries, it was happening within the very heart of Germany. German armies had 'laid waste to the continent, murdered millions of people, waged ideological warfare upon the nations of Europe, and undertaken a horrific plan to exterminate Europe's Jews'.1 This was known as ' "The final solution of the Jewish problem", which was a code-name for Germany's plans to exterminate the Jews of Europe'.2 This massive campaign of terror is now discussed historical as 'The Holocaust'. The holocaust was 'a policy of systematic and universal extermination'3, a German project that ultimately saw the killing of six million European Jews.4
Of all the examples of injustice against humanity throughout time, the Holocaust is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- How were the Jews treated in 1933-1939 Germany?
- To what extent was the SS a "state within a state"...
- Who was responsible for the Holocaust?
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Treaty Of versailles
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'