- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Problems Facing The Weimar Republic .
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Rachel Evans 10W.
The Weimar Republic was set up in Germany after world war one, after the Kaiser had been abducted in 1918 . It was the most democratic government in the world, even allowing women to vote. The new government got off to a bad start, Germany was nearly bankrupt and unemployment was higher than ever. They were labelled âNovember criminalsâ due to the agreement of the treaty of Versailles and unpaid reparations lead to challenges from political extremists. The new system of government was weak and faced some economic disasters such as hyperinflation in 1923 and the Wall Street Crash that left Germany under serious strain in 1929. In some ways they dealt with these problems successfully but in others not.
The problem the Weimar government faced was the resentment German people had against the Politianâs that signed the treaty of Versailles. They were names the âNovember criminals.â Germans disagreed with the terms of the peace treaty and few accepted that Germany was responsible for the First World War and depended on the politicians to deliver this point across. The treaty demanded high levels of reparations which made it difficult for the Weimar republic
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Was any one of these reasons more important than the others ...
- Treaty Of versailles
- Why was Hitler so Popular in 1933?
- What were the main features of totalitarian dictatorship in ...
- How successful were Nazi economic policies in the years 1933...
- How successful was Stresemann in dealing with the problems f...
- Was the Reichstag fire the main reason why Hitler was able t...
- Most people in Germany benefitted from Nazi rule between 193...
- Explain the appeal of Nazi policies.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.