- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Problems Facing The Weimar Republic .
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿Rachel Evans 10W.
The Weimar Republic was set up in Germany after world war one, after the Kaiser had been abducted in 1918 . It was the most democratic government in the world, even allowing women to vote. The new government got off to a bad start, Germany was nearly bankrupt and unemployment was higher than ever. They were labelled âNovember criminalsâ due to the agreement of the treaty of Versailles and unpaid reparations lead to challenges from political extremists. The new system of government was weak and faced some economic disasters such as hyperinflation in 1923 and the Wall Street Crash that left Germany under serious strain in 1929. In some ways they dealt with these problems successfully but in others not.
The problem the Weimar government faced was the resentment German people had against the Politianâs that signed the treaty of Versailles. They were names the âNovember criminals.â Germans disagreed with the terms of the peace treaty and few accepted that Germany was responsible for the First World War and depended on the politicians to deliver this point across. The treaty demanded high levels of reparations which made it difficult for the Weimar republic
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Treaty Of versailles
- Was any one of these reasons more important than the others ...
- Why did Hitler become Chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Why did the Munich Putsch fail?
- Representations of the Nazis in Ben Walsh's cartoon and Will...
- The Nazis Rose to Power in 1933 Due To the Problems that Ger...
- German people benefited from the Nazi rule. Do you agree?
- Evaluate the Success of the Nazi attempt to change German so...
- Describe the steps by which Hitler transformed himself from ...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.