- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The New Deal
The first 200 words of this essay...
During the 1930's, the USA witnessed a breakdown of the Democratic system as the USA fell into the worst depression in history, but of course the depression was caused and influenced by another major factor, which was the Wall Street crash. The economical depression that affected the USA and other countries was unique in its severity and consequences. At the time of when the depression, many Americans where unemployed. The great industrial decline continued throughout the 1930's that affected Americans majorly. Poverty and unemployment were increasing rapidly, because of this people wanted relief and not promises. In 1932, President Hoover lost in the presidential election to Franklin D Roosevelt. Hoover lost mainly due to the fact that, he failed in being able to solve the great depression that was beginning to get worse. Roosevelt was then faced with a number of problems which he had to deal with thick and fast. Unemployment and poverty levels were always rising, and people needed action and relief to happen quickly. Roosevelt went about solving this problem by saying that America needed what he called a ``New Deal''.
When Roosevelt first became president he faced alot of problems, mainly from the disaster of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- How far was Roosevelt responsible for his election victory?
- Why did Agriculture not share in the 1920'S boom?
- Source based work on Prohibition.
- Why, and with what success, was the policy of Prohibition in...
- History prohibition background info.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.