- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
They believed that if they could solve the issue with unemployment they could win the votes and secure their place at the top in the Reichstag. The only question was, could Hitler achieve this?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Many saw the wall street crash as a disaster, with 6 million unemployed by 1933. Despite this Hitler and his Nazi party saw this as an opportunity to gain support. They believed that if they could solve the issue with unemployment they could win the votes and secure their place at the top in the Reichstag. The only question was, could Hitler achieve this?
Adolf set about providing job creation schemes which would have a knock on effect. He did this by spending government money on public projects. Hitler knew that if he provided Germany with autobahns and the like he would need workers to construct such developments, they would need supplies and so the 'domino effect' went on. The program had such a positive feedback that by the end of 1933 the Nazis had fed 5,000 million Reich marks directly into construction. Thousands that were once without work were now employed and the economy began to pick up, if people had money they were more likely to buy consumer items. To target peoples new found income Hitler reduced motor vehicle tax to encourage investment in the automobile, therefore boosting car production which doubled from 1932-33.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- The weak Weimar government was a major factor in Hitler rise...
- "The most important reason why there was little opposit...
- To what extent was the SS a "state within a state"...
- Why did Britain go to war in 1939?
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.