- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why did the Nazi Party have little success before the 1930s?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
ï»¿By Georgie Hudson Words: 351
Why did the Nazis have little success before the 1930s?
One of the reasons the Nazis had little success before the 1930s is that in 1923, Hitler failed to seize control in the Munich Putsch. Hitler had attempted to overthrow the government and thought that if he attempted to gain power, the German people would rise up and support him, but this was unsuccessful. As well as this, he and other leading Nazis were arrested and charged with treason. The failed Putsch gave the Nazis the appearance of being violent revolutionaries and law-breakers. Hitler was also not able to give public speeches as part of his sentence. Hitlerâs speeches had been one of the partyâs main attractions so without them, the party lost a lot of power.
Another reason the Nazis had little success before the 1930s is that Hitler was originally very fixed on gaining power by force and didnât realise that this wouldnât work. It was only after his time in prison that he decided to take power the legal way and âout-vote not out-shootâ. Hitler entirely hated democracy and was initially completely against taking
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Treaty Of versailles
- The Wall Street Crash was the most important reason for the ...
- What did the League do about disarmament in the 1920s?
- Was any one of these reasons more important than the others ...
- How far did Hitler succeed in creating a Volksgemeinschaft b...
- Representations of the Nazis in Ben Walsh's cartoon and Will...
- The Nazis Rose to Power in 1933 Due To the Problems that Ger...
- German people benefited from the Nazi rule. Do you agree?
- Evaluate the Success of the Nazi attempt to change German so...
- Describe the steps by which Hitler transformed himself from ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student