- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
A computer system consists of hardware and software.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A computer system consists of hardware and software. Hardware is the equipment, which makes up the computer system. Hardware consists of:
- Input devices such as keyboard, mouse, joystick
- The Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Output devices such as a printer, monitor, graph plotter
- Backing storage devices such as disc drive, hard drive
- Media such as discs, tapes, paper etc
There is hardware that I used is:
A tracker ball mouse
A tracker ball mouse is an input device and similar to a mouse but the ball is set into a cup on the top of the unit. A finger or, on larger tracker balls the palm of the hand, is used to roll the ball in any direction. The ball controls the movement of the pointer on the screen. Buttons on the tracker ball work in the same way as mouse butons to activate processes on the screen. My alternative of using a mouse with a tracker ball would be a mouse without a tracker ball.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hardware (view all)
- How ICT helps people with disabilities.
- Motivation- drive reduction theory
- Computer Hardware, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- PC input devices - advantages and disadvantages.
- Different Types of Output Devices.
- Hardware and software for a hairdressing business.
- ICT Revision notes
- Johns parents decided to buy a computer which can help John ...
- Designing a system for an IT user - He needs to have a good ...
- Research into the cost of hardware and software for my syste...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.