- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Biology coursework is to find the different variations in our science class.
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are two types of variation; Continuous and discontinuous. Continuous variation means there is a range which is quite large e.g. height and weight. Whereas discontinuous variation means only a small number of possibilities e.g. eye colour or hair colour.
The aim of this biology coursework is to find the different variations in our science class.
NOTE: All graphs are on the last pages.
Analysis of graph 1 - Sex
The first graph shows the number of males and females in my random sample. As the graph display, there are 8 females and 7 males. This can not prove that there are literally more girls than boys in the class or school because this is just a random but proportional sample.
While the foetus is not yet a human, it is an equal chance that it could be a male of female. The sperm and egg cells determine the sex of the child. The genetic cross below explains this.
As you can see, females hold only x chromosomes (total of 46) whereas males hold 23 X chromosomes and 23 Y chromosomes. Meiosis occurs; the numbers of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- Statistics coursework - hypotheses based on students statist...
- An eating disorder is a serious disruption of a persons eati...
- Informal vs. formal speech.
- HYPOTHESIS: Boys at Mayfield School are Taller and Weigh mor...
- The Reproductive System - The male and female reproductive s...
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.