- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparison of heights of boys and girls at Mayfield high school.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Comparison of heights of boys
And girls at Mayfield high school.
My aim is to compare the heights of boys and girls at Mayfield high school.
There are 27 columns of data about each of the 1183 pupils at Mayfield high school making 31941 items of data.
This is way too much data for me to examine in the time specified for the task to be completed. So therefore i will need to take a sample from the data base to analyse.
Since the ages of the pupils are very likely to have an effect on the heights of the pupils, it is important that my sample reflects the distribution of ages accurately. If I took a simple random sample then I might get more pupils from one year and less in another, so to prevent that occurrence I will take a stratified sample.
To have enough data to analyse, I will need the heights of 30 or more boys and girls, so I will take a sample of 40 boys and 40 girls.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The relationship between height and weight amongst different...
- Aluminium as used in Aircraft.
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Liquid chromatography is a technique used to separate compon...
- Statistic Coursework
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.