- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Dehumanisation and the Holocaust.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Dehumanisation and the Holocaust
All the Jews had to wear all the same clothing so that they could be recognised as Jews. Gentiles who saw these people in these clothes knew that they were Jews and they could treat them how they liked not as humans as to the Gentiles the Jews were not humans. This is dehumanisation because they are not being treated as humans by wearing those clothes they are labelled as Jews, and not humans. This made such atrocities 'easier' to commit as they were being labelled as non - human and Jews so a picture is put into their heads that they are not human so it doesn't matter how they feel.
The Viennese anti- Semitic picture paper depicts the Jew as a world-devouring vampire. They are dehumanising the Jews by describing the as "world- devouring vampires" whereas they are completely human and are not at all vampires. They have never done anything wrong to any Gentiles and aren't doing anything wrong, just believing something different to everyone but this does not mean they are world- devouring vampires. This made such atrocities 'easier' to commit as an image of a world- devouring vampire is being
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Consecutive Numbers (view all)
- Maths Coursework – N Lines
- In this investigation I am trying to find a rule for the dif...
- To investigate consecutive sums. Try to find a pattern, devi...
- Number Grid Investigation.
- Portfolio: Continued Fractions
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student