- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
GCSE Math's Statistics Coursework Introduction: I have been given a database which contains information about one hundred different used cars
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Mathematics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Math's Statistics Coursework
I have been given a database which contains information about one hundred different used cars. We are investigating what is the most influential factor when buying a second hand car. The factors which I will be using are the age and mileage of the cars to see how they affect the price.
Cars which are older and have got more mileage are generally cheaper, but if I have a vintage (antique) car it will change my graph so it would skew my data as an outlier. Also some cars will depreciate quicker than others in their first year.
Using the data which has been given to me I will compare age to mileage on a scatter graph with price. If I did the investigation by hand I would have chosen a sample of 100 cars of about 20 being picked at random using every 5th car as a sample and picking where to start counting at random by putting the numbers lets say the numbers 1-5 in a hat and pulling one out at random, But however I have been given the data on
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Gary's (and other) Car Sales (view all)
- What factors influence the price of a second hand car
- "Used Cars" Statistics Coursework
- Maths Data Handling-Secondhand Car
- Handling data Used car prices
- Used Cards - find which factors will influence the price of ...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.