- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Maths Data Handling
- Essay length: 8431 words
- Submitted: 06/09/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
The line of enquiry that I have chosen is 'The relationship between height and weight'. To investigate this line of enquiry, I am using secondary data (that I will acquire from the internet) so that there will be no bias and unfairness that is obtained through the collection of primary data in questionnaires. The data that I am using is on a fictitious school, Mayfield High School, but the actual data has been obtained from a real school. This is useful as there will be five age groups that are considered in the whole investigation. However the age groups that lie below the age of 11 and age groups that lie over the age of 16 will not be thought of in the investigation as it stretches out of the age boundary in Mayfield High School.
There are 1183 pupils in Mayfield High School and I will be using the following pieces of data on each pupil: - year group, age, gender, height and weight. This means that I will have a total of 5915 datum points to work from. This is obviously too large so I will use a sampled piece of data of 100
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The purpose of this research paper is to present our finding...
- An experiment into terminal velocity by dropping a cup cake ...
- Investigating the falling of paper cake cases.
- The report investigated the weight, height, arm span and sho...
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.