- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Media Studies Revision - Video production techniques. Film genres.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Composition and Lighting
What is composition?
The way we put a scene together to create maximum interest and impact. Video production is all about story telling. When shooting your trailers you are trying to, briefly explain a story, this is largely achieved by creating an atmosphere.
What makes a good shot?
When you start shooting, make sure you're aware not just of your subject but the space around them too. If you can find interest in it then your scene will reflect that. If you think your subject is 'good' your shot will be good.
The rule of thirds
This rule helps us to construct interesting images. It works by dividing your image/frame into sections. If you divide your frame into halves or quarters and place your point of interest on these lines you get a 'boring' image.
Divide your image into third.
Natural light is the easiest light to shoot and often the most effective. Don't shoot directly into the light because you will get a dark silhouette. If the sun is bright and you have an unprotected lens you can get lens flare. To avoid this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Audience and Production Analysis (view all)
- "The mass media today is part of everyday life" Us...
- Truman Show essay . Analyse how visual techniques are used t...
- Spiderman-Media Analysis
- James Bond Casino Royale Analysis
- Analyse the magazine "GQ"
- No Country For Old Men Review GCSE
- How does the director of Mission Impossible 2 build intrigue...
- Music Promotion. I am going to analyse a MySpace page of th...
- Why "Jersey Shore" is Good for Us
- Tim Burtons spin on Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland is a ...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.