- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of the 4th Movement of Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony
The first 200 words of this essay...
Nicole Paulet Piedra
Music SL - Y code
BEETHOVEN'S PASTORAL SYMPHONY
Fourth Movement, Lightning and Thunderstorm: Allegro
The definition of music as we know today would not have been the same without the exceptional composer Ludwig Van Beethoven (Vienna, 1712-1827). He marked the Classical period with his innovative exploration of the human soul capable of transforming his passion into pieces, taking the power of music to a different level. One of his most dramatic works is the Pastoral Symphony (1806), whose fourth movement "Lightning and Thunderstorm: Allegro" perfectly illustrates Beethoven's mastery in the concept of impressionism. In this essay, I will analyze the musical features he uses and the images he creates in this movement to represent the sequential events during a thunderstorm.
The piece starts with the violoncello and the contrabass introducing the turbulence of a thunderstorm through sustained tremolo notes in piano dynamics. The tension it creates is constantly recalled throughout the movement to maintain the sense of urgency in the audience. The storm has not started yet, but drizzle has started to fall. This effect is created by the eight note scales in D flat major in the second
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Autobiography - creative writing.
- Thesis Statement: Specifically, I will enlighten you on the ...
- Mes vaccances
- Media Music Essay Music is split into several sub-genres the...
- Identify ONE teaching and learning issue, with a curriculum ...
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.