- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
An Investigation, to show how different exercises effect your pulse rate.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Investigation, to show how different exercises effect your pulse rate
We all have a heart rate. You can measure your heart rate by taking your pulse, as this is a reflection of your heart rate. To take your pulse rate, you use your index and middle finger, together and place them on the under side of your jaw until you can feel a steady beat. This beat is blood being pumped around the body, which causes the arteries to expand and then contract. You count the number of times you can feel this for one minute. This is your pulse rate in beats per minute. This pulse rate can vary from 150 beats per minute in young children, to about 60 in the aged.
To get your pulse rate to speed up, you can do many different things. You can exercise. This exercise can be done in many diverse ways; you could simply run on the spot for one minute, do star jumps for one minute, stride jumps, step-ups etc. Exercise gets your heart rate up because the faster you exercise, the harder your muscles work. This means that your muscles require more oxygen
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anatomy and Physiology (view all)
- A method of fitness training for the components of physical ...
- Coursework Investigation: Plan experiments to determine the ...
- The cardiovascular system
- Explain the energy requirements of four different types of p...
- joint tenancy is a form of co-ownership whereby all the owne...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.