- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Ramadan is a time when most Muslims test their faith in Allah, and test their self constraint
The first 200 words of this essay...
Ramadan is a time when most Muslims test their faith in Allah, and test their self constraint and look to the word of the Qur'an. Ramadan is the ninth month of the year. The date of Ramadan changes each year because the Islamic calendar runs on the lunar calendar, Ramadan comes 11 days earlier each year according to the western calendar.
Muslims are only allowed to eat; smoke and have sexual relations when the sun has set. It is said that the way to tell whether you can break your fast or not, is by getting two pieces of string, one white and the other black and if you can not tell the difference, then you can break your fast. Some people are exempt from Ramadan; as the ill, pregnant and elderly citizens should not take the risk as it is not safe. Young children under 8 normally do not fast either.
Throughout Ramadan, Muslims do not worship (because the worship of the prophet Muhammad would be unacceptable because you can only worship one god, that is Allah) but celebrate the Prophet Muhammad ("peace be upon him" is the normal phrase you
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Islamiyat Notes. Surah al Anaam (Ch. 6 : Vs. 101-103)These v...
- Explain how Muslim teachings affect Muslim attitudes to weal...
- Islam as a living religious tradition
- Did Allah create the universe?
- Essay on the mosque
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.