- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To determine the elasticity of an elastic band by applying Hookes law.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To determine the elasticity of an elastic band by applying Hooke's law.
Hypothesis: Hooke's Law states that the extension of an elastic body is directly proportional to the force exerted on it. However, this is only when the force does not exceed the elastic limit which would result in the deformation of the body.
1) Retort stand
3) Meter rule
4) Varied loads
5) Elastic band.
1) The apparatus are set up as per the diagram above except for the loads.
2) The original length of the elastic is then noted using the meter rule.
3) A mass of 20 g was then attached to the bottom of the elastic band allowing it to be hanged in air and the new length is noted.
4) The new length is then subtracted from the original one to get the extension.
5) Steps 3 and 4 are repeated variously for with new loads each time.
6) The above step is then repeated but by removing loads instead of adding then
7) In the end we are left with
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Forces and Motion (view all)
- The aim of this experiment is to investigate what effect the...
- Parachute Coursework
- Investigating Impact Craters
- Physics CourseWork - Terminal Velocity
- Physics Practical
- Car Safety - Crumple Zones
- Physics Pendulum Practical. How does the time period vary wi...
- Report on Newton's laws of motion
- Designing an Efficient Balloon Car
- Need For Speed: High Speed Trains
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.