- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
IB Economics IA Commentary. Title of Extract: Economys gains fail to lower jobless rate
The first 200 words of this essay...
International Baccalaureate Internal Assessment:
Economics Commentary 1
Date of Commentary: January 3, 2011
Word Count: 730
Pertaining Section of IB Economics Syllabus: 3 (Macroeconomics)
Title of Extract: "Economy's gains fail to lower jobless rate"
Source: Internet - Associated Press in the Honolulu Star Advertiser
Date of Extract Publication: December 24, 2010
Economy's gains fail to lower jobless rate
Unemployment filings are falling, but millions of workers remain idle after 26 weeks or more
POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Dec 24, 2010
WASHINGTON " Economic reports suggest employers are laying off fewer workers, businesses are ordering more computers and appliances, and consumers are spending with more confidence. Combined, the data confirm the economy is improving, and further job gains are expected in 2011.
The economy's outlook is brightening even though hiring has yet to strengthen enough to reduce an unemployment rate near 10 percent.
The number of people applying for unemployment benefits fell last week to a seasonally adjusted 420,000, the Labor Department said yesterday. That is the second-lowest level since July 2008.
Applications have fallen below 425,000
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Economics (view all)
- Explain why the government might choose to grant a subsidy t...
- Explain the Main Sources of Market Failure that Can Occur in...
- Extended Essay Economics
- Economics Article Commentary. London gets EU reprieve over a...
- Economics Project Market Failure
- Current account surplus/deficit - problems and solutions
- International Trade Economics Commentary. In hope of shifti...
- Macroeconomics Economics Commentary - patterns in America's ...
- This essay will evaluate the concept of what negative extern...
- Economics Essay on Supply and Demand and the operation of ma...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.