- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Factors Affecting Tourism
The first 200 words of this essay...
Geography Essay-Factors Affecting Tourism
Tourism is one of the major sources to provide income to a country because it helps them develop their country efficiently. However, tourism does bring positive and negative effects socially.
First of all, no one can foresee all tourists behave well in foreign places. Consequently, we may witness tourists behave badly because not all tourists respect the local culture or religion of the country in, for example: in 2007, a drunk Swiss tourist defacing several posters of the Thai King. And some western tourists in Muslim countries drink alcohol in the public and dress inappropriately.
Secondly, tourism can also attracts growth in drugs by western 'Hippies' because local citizens force their own children to leave school early or even quit school to sell drugs because children is a good tactic to ingratiate tourists buying their products. Therefore, it leads a trend that children have to leave school early to serve tourists such as Sherpa's in Nepal. Being as a Sherpa is actually a very dangerous work because they have to help tourists carrying their bag packs when they are traveling on the mountains, which may have higher risks to fall off of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Malthus got it right-we are doomed?
- Economic growth vs the Environment
- Describe and explain weathering in desert environments (15 M...
- Population Case Study - Japan
- Examine the causes and the effects of biodiversity loss in t...
- Examine the geographical consequences of international outso...
- Religious leaders - among them Catholic bishops - has gone f...
- Analysis of the Progress made towards the Millennium Develop...
- Give an example of a measurement of globalization and evalua...
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.