- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Population Density Comparism
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question for homework.
Write an analysis of population density in one state of India. Account for patterns and areas of high/low density. Discuss urban/rural population, people per household and BR/DR/FR/IMR etc.
In this case study I will be looking at one state , that is Punjab, and compare the differences of the population density between two districts, one rural and one urban, within that state, I will do this by looking at the birth rate, death rate fertility rate and infant mortality rate etc. And examining the fact and analysing them which led to the differences.
In Jalandhar, the rural district, we see that the population is 1,962,700. In Amritsar, the urban district, the population is 3,096,077. The population is much larger in Amritsar, and we can say that Amritsar is a more urbanised area in Punjab. This is because the government have spent much money to develop the area as it's a major city of tourism due to the location of the golden temple. This has also attracted both tourist and many people from rural areas. So the increase in population adds to the increase of population density in that area. In
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Economic growth vs the Environment
- Aral Sea Case Study
- Examine the causes and the effects of biodiversity loss in t...
- Malthus got it right-we are doomed?
- Describe and explain weathering in desert environments (15 M...
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
- Why do China and Hong Kong have an ageing population? What i...
- Climate change notes
- Urbanization and Land Use in New York City
- Discuss the Effects of Globalisation
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.