- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Growth of India as a Global Economic Power.
The first 200 words of this essay...
NAME : KRITI MALHOTRA
COLLEGE : LADY SHRIRAM COLLEGE
COURSE : POLITICAL SCIENCE [HONS]
YEAR : 1ST
POST : FREELANCE
INDIA AS A GLOBAL ECONOMIC POWER
History proves how Britain as a power ruled almost a decade on the economic front. And then US hegemony surpassed the economic growth and increased its influence
not just in economic aspect, but also in the cultural sphere. Wherein, the whole world was expected [is still expected] to follow the Bretton Woods system of economic arrangement to achieve growth and development as stupendous as that of the US.
With the Independence of India in 1947, India adopted a socialist pattern of economic
policies till 1980s, which were more or less protectionist in nature. Its demerits left India
to struggle with debts, but soon in 1991, our nation adopted the NEP [New Economic
Policy] opening up new avenues for the nation to explore with a strong focus on Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization.
Today our economy is the twelfth largest in the world, with extensive labour power [ second largest in the world] and the PPP [Purchasing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Population in Brazil
- Geography fieldwork IA
- LEDCs are more vulnerable to hazard events than MEDCs. Discu...
- AIDS in Africa. Lack of education contributes to HIV/AIDS e...
- HIV/AIDs in the UK
- Examine the geographical consequences of international outso...
- Religious leaders - among them Catholic bishops - has gone f...
- Analysis of the Progress made towards the Millennium Develop...
- Give an example of a measurement of globalization and evalua...
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo