- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Analyzing Uniform Circular Motion
- Essay length: 3764 words
- Submitted: 10/03/2010
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Lab Report: Analysing Uniform Circular Motion
In places where the velocity of an object is difficult to find, it is reliable to attain the frequency of an object. This is the most-favourable method used when dealing with circular motion. Frequency, as we know, is indirectly proportional to the period of a motion, or more precisely. We can determine the relationship between a spinning objects mass, the radius of its circular motion (if attached to a thread) and the hanging mass in a circular horizontal motion by applying a formula we already know. The following steps will describe the derivation of a formula which will be beneficial for this experiment;
Newton's Second Law states: Fnet = msa
However; acceleration of a circular motion is given by;
Substituting back to Newton's second law, Fnet= ms (
But since there is a hanging mass which is hanging down from the thread; the tension in the thread is equal to the weight of the hanging mass. And the only force applied during the motion is by the tension in the thread, thus T = Fnet and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Period of a loaded Cantilever (D, DCP, CE)
- Fluid Dynamics
- physics lab report. Aim To determine the coefficient of ...
- AIM: To find the specific heat capacity of a solid by method...
- Physics IA bouncing ball
- Plan to investigate the change in volume of air in a party b...
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.