- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Determination of g by freefall
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Sarah Barendswaard Abubakr Date: 9/02/09
Teacher: Mr. Briffa Subject: Physics
Year: Y12 Task: Lab report
Determination of gravity by free fall
In class we were given an instruction sheet where the aim, apparatus and method where given, from that we had to obtain results and process them.
To determine the value of acceleration due to gravity
Is the variable which we are changing to analyse how it changes the dependant variable; the distance of free fall
The variable that we obtain from the results and is changed by the independent; the time taken for the ball to reach the ground
The variables that we have not changed; mass of the ball, gravitational field strength.
* Steel ball
* Millisecond timer
* Retort stand
* Release and capture mechanism for the ball
* Metre ruler
The experiment was done as follows:
* The apparatus was set up as shown in the Diagram up to (x) cm
* The steel ball was stuck on the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Physics (view all)
- Hooke's Law Experiment. Aim: To determine the spring consta...
- Hookes Law- to determine the spring constant of a metal spri...
- strength of an uncooked spaghetti
- Physics Extended essay
- Boyle's law report (DCP, CE)
- Experiment to compare the radiation of heat from different o...
- How does the period of the mass - spring system depend on th...
- Nuclear technology may be a useful substance that can produc...
- Modelling the Solar System. In this lab we are going to inve...
- Physics Lab: Images formed by a plane mirror
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.