- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Case Study procuring construction. Interserve Ltd. (Contractor) are 41 weeks in on a school extension (The Project), which is to be handed over at the end of week 60. The project is on an existing occupied secondary school site for Merthyr Co
The first 200 words of this essay...
In submitting this assignment, I certify that all this material is my own work,
except where I have indicated otherwise with appropriate references.
1. The Project
Interserve Ltd. ('Contractor') are 41 weeks in on a school extension ('The Project'), which is to be handed over at the end of week 60. The project is on an existing occupied secondary school site for Merthyr Council ('Client') in Wales.
The procurement approach is a novated Design & Build (D&B), as Capita the design team partner ('DTP') were the client's representative, who conducted the feasibility studies/site tests, as well as school design up to RIBA stage C along with conducting the tenders. It was decided to involve the successful contractor from RIBA stage D onwards in order to develop the sketch plans into detailed design and cost proposals. This would allow the contractor to bring direct market knowledge along with buildability advice to the table
The contractor was awarded the project after a two-stage tender process, with the 1st stage based on outline specification and preliminary cost plan details for pre-construction, mobilisation, components, direct and sub-contract fees along with a quality element. The 2nd stage was
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Planning (view all)
- Modernising planning processes - A Consultation Paper
- This document is an adaptation scheme proposal and feasibili...
- With reference to the RIBA work stages explain how a designe...
- Discuss how the social geography of race and ethnicity is sh...
- South East Queensland Regional Water Supply Strategy - Stage...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.