- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Compare and Contrast two of the five main approaches in psychology.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and Contrast two of the five main approaches in psychology
Written By Mark Costa
The two approaches I will be looking at in this essay are 'behavourism' and 'humanism'. Apart from the fact that one of them is scientific and the other is not, I have chosen these two as they have very different aspects of studying and interperatation that interests me.
Psychology evolved through three subjects philosophy, biology and physics.
It developed through stages and views, firstly with Psychoanalysis, behaviarism, cognitive, humanistic and lastly biological.
Behaviourists believed that we are shaped by the way our behaviours are rewarded. Behaviourists want results, by which they can check measure and observe on the stimulus and the reacted response.
Humanists believe that every human being in the world is unique and also that there will never be any two people whom are identical. This relates to the belief on genetics and the experiences we go through in life are different from each other. Through 'ethics' there is a rule that no mental or physical harm should come to a participant of an experiment carried out on a psychological basis. Although
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Zoology (view all)
- Analysis on Old Major's Speech - Animal farm.
- Animals in Captivity - Should or Should Not Be Kept.
- Examine Jonson's use in Volpone of animal imagery
- The role of Zoos.
- If Animals Could Talk
- Tasmanian Devil Facial Tumor Disease
- Malassezia Dermatitis
- animal alternatives
- The Implications of the UK's Climate Change Policy on Biodiv...
- Animal welfare essay
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.