- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Genetic and environmental influence in human development.…. Discuss.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Genetic and environmental influence in human development..... Discuss
Meyers adopted the analogy of a tree in an attempt to explain human differences. According to him the trunk signifies the species, which then divides into branches. The branches represent our shared characteristics and beliefs. At the end of the branches are leaves, which Meyers claimed stood for the individual person, genetically and environmentally like no other.
Every human being is differentially sound. We all have our own genetic makeup with the exception of identical twins. In this case environmental factors will have caused differences in their development and behaviour in the same way they do for everyone else. When a child progresses through the early stages of its life, every aspect of his or her emotional, mental and physical abilities develops.
In terms of the nature debate, evolutionary/biological/genetic psychologists believe our development relies heavily on our genetic make up. They believe we have no control over how we develop, but are merely the main actor in a play written and directed by our genes. These genes will hold information about our ancestors as well as the broader, evolutionary information that will allow us to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Social Psychology (view all)
- Discuss the statement that adolescence is a period of Storm ...
- Explain the importance of team building, the stages in the d...
- Critically compare and contrast two theories that explain pr...
- What do studies of conformity and obedience tell us about th...
- Prejudice, stereotyping and discrimination/oppression
- Psychological Identity Theory
- In The Future of Love by Barbara Graham, she cites a variety...
- The Behavioural Activation System: lateralization of the BAS...
- Emotions and facial processing of emotions
- Are humans naturally aggressive or do we learn to be aggress...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.