- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Describe, compare and contrast one content theory and one process theory of motivation. Evaluate their appropriateness for the current business environment
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe, compare and contrast one content theory and one process theory of motivation. Evaluate their appropriateness for the current business environment.
Student Number: 2011432859
Motivation is a complex concept to define and is persistently explored not only by psychologists but also by many global organizations. With reference to the Oxford dictionary, motivation is "a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way". In contrast to the definition, there are numerous theories that attempt to explain the true nature of the concept. As a result of the diverse beliefs, it is argued (Wilson, 2010, 136) that there is no single reliable theory that can be used to solve motivational issues. Managers need to understand the principles of the leading theories in order to use motivation techniques effectively. It is perhaps one of the most desirable skills a manager can possess, as they would be able to influence their employee's behavior where a more satisfied and motivated employee would perform better and are less likely to quit their job. The theories based on this subject can be contrasting and are categorized into two types: content and process
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Human Resource Management (view all)
- Compare and contrast TWO modern recruitment/selection method...
- Motivation Theories
- Management and leadership within health visiting team in Edm...
- Reflective essay on a teamwork task. The main objective of t...
- What are the critical differences between content and proces...
- This report defines the value of teamwork from the project m...
- How does work experience benefit your future career?
- Emergency plan for secondary school. The Emergency Incident ...
- International Leadership & HRM The effective leadership ...
- What do you believe to be the primary moral wrong committed ...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.