- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
HNC Management Assignment
Terms of reference
* Research and gather information on different management theories
* Collate information and create a table of findings on approaches, highlighting differences
* Relate findings to organisations, giving examples.
* Evaluate procedures, search strategy and the effectiveness of using available resources
* Make recommendations for improving research skills for future assignments
Management theories and approaches were researched and compared. To do this information was firstly sourced from a number of media's such as Internet web sites and management books. Information was then organised into the different theories and read before deciding what was to be used. Sources of information used are referenced below.
I. http://www.managementhelp.org Very Brief History of Management Theories, written by Carter McNamara, PhD
II. http://www.moray.ac.uk/pilot_files/evolution.htm The Evolution of Management and Organisational Behaviour (OB)
III. http://www.accel-team.com/human_relations/index.html The Human Relations School of Management
IV. http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/417/417lect06.htm The Systems Approach to Management (circa 1945 - 1975)
V. http://www.utexas.edu/courses/speclass/courses/350/ppt/hrel350/tsld001.htm Human Relations Movement
VI. Management and Organisational Behaviour 5th Edition (Prentice Hall) Laurie J Mullins
When referring to these
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Discuss the relationship between entrepreneurship, innovatio...
- M&S case study. From this analysis, strategic options f...
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- What is a Bureaucracy? What are the advantages and disadvant...
- Managing Communication, Knowledge & Information, HND
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.