- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Marks & Spencer Plc. Group structure and financial performance.
The first 200 words of this essay...
MARKS & SPENCER PLC1
In 1985, Britain's best-known retailer was the subject of a gusher of a book: Marks & Spencer: Anatomy of Britain's Most Efficiently Managed Company. Nowadays, any book on the 115-year-old food and clothing chain would need a new title. Comedy of Errors is more like it.
Businessweek - 18.10.99
Marks & Spencer Plc (from now on M&S) is an international retailer with 718 locations across 34 countries. The group sells clothing, footwear, gifts, home furnishings and foods under the St. Michael trademark in its chain of 294 stores in the United Kingdom. Approximately half of the group's overseas stores are franchised to local partners. The group also owns the clothing retailer Brooks Brothers and the Kings Super Markets chain in the United States of America. Direct mail helps M&S meet the core objective of providing customers with wider, easier access to their products such as home furnishings, flowers, hampers and wine. The financial services comprise of operations of the groups financial services companies providing account cards, personal loans, unit trust management, life assurance and pensions. Retailing accounted for 96% of fiscal 2000 revenues and financial services, 4%.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Project Management. The aim of the report is to identify to ...
- It is the premise of this essay that the effectiveness of a ...
- Different Types and Purposes of Business Communications.
- Change Management
- Case Study of Orenton Luxury Goods entry into the Chinese ma...
- Shareholder (liberal market) vs stakeholder (cooperative mar...
- SkandiaBanken Case Study: 1. Analyse SkandiaBanken using the...
- Business Strategy and Economical analysis of Danone
- Report on Bata in India
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.