- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Review and solve the Texas Instruments: Cost of Quality Case
The first 200 words of this essay...
Review and solve the Texas Instruments: Cost of Quality Case.
Ittner and Kaplan (1990) introduced the case of Texas Instruments describing the company's main business was to produce programmable controllers for the industrial automation and factory control fields. Besides, Texas Instrument's Industrial Systems Division (ISD) processed a state-of-the-art facility for assembling pin-in-hole and surface mount circuit boards. ISD was established in 1973 and developed bigger over time through overseas offices in over the world. To competitive with foreign companies, ISD was implemented the cost of quality system in 1983.
As Ittner and Kaplan (1990) elaborated the ISD case, the management of ISD considered that implement the quality control system changed its nature as a quality culture is institutionalized. They wondered whether to retain the system, modify it, or drop it completely though ISD had achieved great success in institutionalizing a "quality culture" in several years. They did not counted cost of quality numbers eight months ago and they concentrated on other measures of quality.
ISD's business was operated a large segment through overseas offices. The cost of quality system for ISD was designed for all offices in over the world.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- A Case Study of IT Project Management
- In this assignment I will discuss whether profit can coexist...
- Boots the Chemist Business Analysis
- Personal development plan
- Tiny Tots Toymakers Case Analysis
- Report on Bata in India
- Business Ethics Case Study - Shell drilling for oil in Artic...
- This report will therefore analyze what extend of effect tha...
- Starbucks Foundation and Growth
- Research into Customer Service at a Branch of Starbucks
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'