- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What are the observable artifacts, espoused values and basic assumptions associated with Ciscos culture? Explain.
The first 200 words of this essay...
CASE ANALYSIS - CISCO SYSTEMS
What are the observable artifacts, espoused values and basic assumptions associated with Cisco's culture? Explain.
An observable artifact is the physical manifestation of an organization's culture. Examples of these artifacts include acronyms, manner of dress, awards, myths and stories told about the organization, published lists of values, observable rituals and ceremonies, special parking spaces, decorations and so on (Kreitner & Kinicki, 2010, p. 65).
The most obvious physical manifestation of Cisco's culture is their use of cross functional teams, councils and boards to enhance innovation and collaboration which can expedite decision making. According to CEO John Chambers, the benefits of this team oriented management systems are skill, speed, and flexibility (Kreitner & Kinicki, 2010, p. 89).
According to Cisco's website their culture is one that is fun, open, innovative, collaborative, built on teamwork, inclusive, and one of giving back to the community. The website's published lists of values are collaboration, customers, employees and community (cisco.com).
Espoused values are the explicitly stated values and norms that are preferred by an organization. They are generally established by the founder of a new or small company and by
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Management Studies (view all)
- An example of a personal development plan
- Managing financial resources and decision assignment
- Leadership Theories - this review seeks to determine which t...
- Strategic Business Plan of Nokia. This strategic report exa...
- Easyjet analysis - Within this essay there is going to be an...
- Lenovo Purchasing and Supply report
- What is Entrepreneurship & how do entrepreneurs identify...
- Financial And Other Problems Faced By Cyclermate Bicycle Man...
- News article critique - Cows are stressed and produce less m...
- Managing Strategic Change (MBA work ). In this report ,I w...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.