- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Moyne Commission was a waste of time. Critically discuss the view. The Moyne Commission started August 3rd 1938 and ended on February 20th 1939 which was appointed by the British Government to investigate social and economic conditions in Barbados, th
The first 200 words of this essay...
THE BARBADOS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
DIVISION OF COMMERCE
ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN ATRS
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICAL STUDIES
The Moyne Commission was a waste of time. Critically discuss the view.
NAME: Aisha Browne
ID NO: 19920706-0204-2010
DATE: 13TH OCT 2010
TUTOR'S NAME: MR BOBB
In this essay one would seek to critically discuss the view that the Moyne commission was a waste of time .The Moyne Commission started August 3rd 1938 and ended on February 20th 1939 which was appointed by the British Government to investigate social and economic conditions in Barbados, the Leeward Islands, Jamaica, British Honduras, British Guiana, Trinidad and Tobago and the Windward Islands. This Commission sought to bring about change to the real cause of the two local populations that had caused the events of the 1930s.
This commission came under great pressure from the region's middle class representatives for the type of constitutional reform that would satisfy their class designs for social and political mobility. The Royal Commission didn't ask for or recommended responsible government for the countries who are still under the control of their mother country. Nevertheless, while
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
1920-1949 (view all)
- What factors make the 20th century the Age of Extremes? What...
- The Manchurian Affair 1931-1933.
- How important a factor was the weakness of British defences ...
- Book Review - Fascism and the Right in Europe
- The Great Depression: 11 Years of Life Lost to Suffering, De...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.